Why AOL Raised Their Rates
Sure, AOL is a money machine. But even the online giant needs an extra boost to the bottom line once in a while. Here's why:
- Pay off the settlement to Tim McVeigh
- Severance for CompuServe employees
- Need to raise money to buy Netscape
- Steve Case is jealous of Larry Ellison's fighter jet
- Have to pay the fee to the guys who creamed Bill Gates in Belgium
- AOL programmers are all requesting "interns"
- Need money to pay James Earl Jones to record a new version of "You've got mail"
- Hiring bouncers for the chat rooms
- El Nino
- Because they can
Submitted By: Mike Haddad
Feb 13, 1998 11:09
This joke is rated: G