25 Snappy Comebacks To The Age Old Question 'Why Aren't You Married Yet?'
- You haven't asked yet.
- I was hoping to do something meaningful with my life.
- What? And spoil my great sex life?
- Nobody would believe me in white.
- Because I just love hearing this question.
- Just lucky, I guess.
- It gives my mother something to live for.
- My fiance is awaiting parole.
- I'm still hoping for a shot at Miss/Mr. America.
- Do you know how hard it is to get two tickets to Miss Saigon?
- I'm waiting until I get to be your age.
- It didn't seem worth a blood test.
- I already have enough laundry to do, thank you.
- Because I think it would take all the spontaneity out of dating.
- My co-op board doesn't allow spouses.
- I'd have to forfeit my billion dollar trust fund.
- They just opened a great singles bar on my block.
- I wouldn't want my parents to drop dead from sheer happiness.
- I guess it just goes to prove that you can't trust those voodoo doll rituals.
- What? And lose all the money I've invested in running personal ads?
- We really want to, but my lover's spouse just won't go for it.
- I don't want to have to support another person on my paycheck.
- Why aren't you thin?
- I'm married to my career, although recently we have been considering a trial separation.
- Well, you know that k.d. Lang poster I have on my wall?
- (Bonus reply for Single Mothers) Because having a husband and a child
would be redundant.
Submitted By: Mike Haddad
May 9, 1997 19:17
This joke is rated: PG